Re: Usage of digital camera

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Brendan McKay

Post by Brendan McKay »

> > Am 09.03.2003 14:03 Uhr schrieb "Julian C. Westerhout": > If I connect the camera before starting Graphic converter I get I a dialog > window telling me the number of images on the camera (properly identified), Also for me, but the number appears to be wrong. GC says there are 85 images, but both Image Capture and the camera itself say there are only 81 images. > curious. > Which files names are displayed in image capture directly? > Thorsten For me, the files are named IMG_3509.JPG to IMG_3590.JPG. Some numbers in this sequence are missing, since the camera does not reuse a number when a photo is deleted. Brendan.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

For the group: I replied directly to the user. Am 11.03.2003 13:20 Uhr schrieb "Brendan McKay" unter <bdm@cs.anu.edu.au>: >>> Am 09.03.2003 14:03 Uhr schrieb "Julian C. Westerhout": > >> If I connect the camera before starting Graphic converter I get I a dialog >> window telling me the number of images on the camera (properly identified), > > Also for me, but the number appears to be wrong. GC says there are > 85 images, but both Image Capture and the camera itself say there > are only 81 images. > >> curious. >> Which files names are displayed in image capture directly? >> Thorsten > > For me, the files are named IMG_3509.JPG to IMG_3590.JPG. > Some numbers in this sequence are missing, since the camera > does not reuse a number when a photo is deleted. > > Brendan. >
Dominick Issi

Post by Dominick Issi »

All, I use my HPd145 Printer to download my images. It tells me that I have x-many files for download, but when finished it has, at least x-3 images for download as the card has 3 extra files that aren't pictures. I've got a Fuji camera, so I can't swear how many extra you've got, but I'd try to load my camera to a computer I could read all files on the memory card so you'd know the exact number of extra files your Canon camera Good Luck! On Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003, at 07:20 US/Eastern, Brendan McKay wrote: > > > Am 09.03.2003 14:03 Uhr schrieb "Julian C. Westerhout": > > > If I connect the camera before starting Graphic converter I get I a > dialog > > window telling me the number of images on the camera (properly > identified), > > Also for me, but the number appears to be wrong.  GC says there are > 85 images, but both Image Capture and the camera itself say there > are only 81 images. > > > curious. > > Which files names are displayed in image capture directly? > > Thorsten > > For me, the files are named IMG_3509.JPG to IMG_3590.JPG. > Some numbers in this sequence are missing, since the camera > does not reuse a number when a photo is deleted. > > Brendan. > <image.tiff> > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.