System Error -5008

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
chrilleub

System Error -5008

Post by chrilleub »

Every time I drop a folder on the new GC 4.6 I get a browse window (as I would expect), but also a dialog with "System Error -5008" and nothing happens. MacOS 8.6 GC 4.6. At this point I can select all and Ctrl-Click "Create Preview" so what I want to do works, after a slight push.
thorstenlemke

Re: System Error -5008

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 09.04.2003 8:29 Uhr schrieb "chrilleub" unter <d88-cbr@nada.kth.se>: > Every time I drop a folder on the new GC 4.6 I get a browse window (as I would > expect), but also a dialog with "System Error -5008" and nothing happens. > MacOS 8.6 GC 4.6. > At this point I can select all and Ctrl-Click "Create Preview" so what I want > to do works, after a slight push. > Hello, -5008 = disk full Thorsten
chrilleub

Re: System Error -5008. But disk is not full.

Post by chrilleub »

--- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, lemkesoft@t... wrote: > Am 09.04.2003 8:29 Uhr schrieb "chrilleub" unter <d88-cbr@n...>: > > > Every time I drop a folder on the new GC 4.6 I get a browse window (as I would > > expect), but also a dialog with "System Error -5008" and nothing happens. > > MacOS 8.6 GC 4.6. > > At this point I can select all and Ctrl-Click "Create Preview" so what I want > > to do works, after a slight push. > > > Hello, > > -5008 = disk full > > Thorsten Ahh, yes, but my disk isn't full. Unless GC needs 150+ MB scratch space to create a preview for a few pictures. My last (failed) attempt to create previews by dropping a folder on GC involved 28 gifs at 108 K. A check reveals that the disk that I have the least space on is my Ram-disk at 58 MBs free followed by my system disk at 150 MB (Over 1 Gigabyte free on remaining disks).
chrilleub

Addenda Disk not full

Post by chrilleub »

FYI GC 4.2.1 does not give this error message. It works flawlessly at this point. However switching between GC versions require me to enter the upgrade registration code every time I switch back to 4.6. Sigh.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 11.04.2003 12:14 Uhr schrieb "chrilleub" unter <d88-cbr@nada.kth.se>: > Ahh, yes, but my disk isn't full. Unless GC needs 150+ MB scratch > space to create a preview for a few pictures. > My last (failed) attempt to create previews by dropping a folder on > GC involved 28 gifs at 108 K. A check reveals that the disk that I > have the least space on is my Ram-disk at 58 MBs free followed by my > system disk at 150 MB (Over 1 Gigabyte free on remaining disks). Hmm, but I get this error message from the system if the error occurs. Thorsten
chrilleub

Post by chrilleub »

--- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, lemkesoft@t... wrote: > Am 11.04.2003 12:14 Uhr schrieb "chrilleub" unter <d88-cbr@n...>: > > > Ahh, yes, but my disk isn't full. Unless GC needs 150+ MB scratch > > space to create a preview for a few pictures. > > My last (failed) attempt to create previews by dropping a folder on > > GC involved 28 gifs at 108 K. A check reveals that the disk that I > > have the least space on is my Ram-disk at 58 MBs free followed by my > > system disk at 150 MB (Over 1 Gigabyte free on remaining disks). > Hmm, but I get this error message from the system if the error occurs. > > Thorsten The browser window counts up the files and when it stops the error message comes. So what is it trying to do? Write to an non-existant scratch disk? Write to a writeprotected disk? I tried to eject my CD (the only writeprotected drive I had on my desktop) but got the same error. Obviously since 4.2.1 works ok and 4.6 gives an error message and none of my disks are full I happen to think it is a bug. I have tried changing the scratch disk (to one with several Gigs free) but no luck.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 11.04.2003 21:28 Uhr schrieb "chrilleub" unter <d88-cbr@nada.kth.se>: > The browser window counts up the files and when it stops the error message > comes. > So what is it trying to do? Write to an non-existant scratch disk? Write to a > writeprotected disk? > I tried to eject my CD (the only writeprotected drive I had on my desktop) but > got the same error. > Obviously since 4.2.1 works ok and 4.6 gives an error message and none of my > disks are full I happen to think it is a bug. > I have tried changing the scratch disk (to one with several Gigs free) but no > luck. Hello, What happens if the files are on your system disk and not a ram disk? Thorsten
pczerny@bluewin.ch

Re: additional functions

Post by pczerny@bluewin.ch »

Re: [graphicconverterforum] Re: additional functions during working on graphical parts of X-PLANE flight simulator I got the desperate need for: changing picture size (to scale): please add to the menu  “PIXEL” additional to size as ZOLL and CM 2. the possibility of tiling a picture into half, quarter etc parts Thanks for help paul Yahoo! Groups Sponsor    ADVERTISEMENT <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.44 ... uiyuiwabei> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
chrilleub

Post by chrilleub »

--- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, lemkesoft@t... wrote: > Am 11.04.2003 21:28 Uhr schrieb "chrilleub" unter <d88-cbr@n...>: > > > The browser window counts up the files and when it stops the error message > > comes. > > So what is it trying to do? Write to an non-existant scratch disk? Write to a > > writeprotected disk? > > I tried to eject my CD (the only writeprotected drive I had on my desktop) but > > got the same error. > > Obviously since 4.2.1 works ok and 4.6 gives an error message and none of my > > disks are full I happen to think it is a bug. > > I have tried changing the scratch disk (to one with several Gigs free) but no > > luck. > Hello, > > What happens if the files are on your system disk and not a ram disk? > > Thorsten The files were not on the Ram disk, they were on my system disk. Sorry if I did not make this clear. I tried copying the files to a disk that had over 6 gigs free and then drop that folder on GC. Same error. So it is not related to the disk that the images are on. I tried fiddling around with the number of image files, and the error message does not appear if there is only one image in the folder but does appear if there are 2 or more. (FYI these are 5 K files). Also the error message does not appear if a browser window is already open.
thorstenlemke

Re: additional functions

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 12.04.2003 9:45 Uhr schrieb "pczerny@bluewin.ch" unter <p.czerny@bluewin.ch>: > during working on graphical parts of X-PLANE flight simulator I got the > desperate need for: > > changing picture size (to scale): please add to the menu ³PIXEL² additional > to size as ZOLL and CM I will add this to the wish list. > > 2. the possibility of tiling a picture into half, quarter etc parts Did you try split in the save as dialog? Thorsten