Unicode file info?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
itabashinoyatsu

Unicode file info?

Post by itabashinoyatsu »

Hello! I tried to enter some Japanese words into the file info window of pictures, but they show up as ascii gibberish. Is there a trick to get correct Japanese text? If not, may I suggest unicode input support for some future update? By the way, PhotoshopElements 2 seems to accept Japanese input under MacOS X while typing, but after confirming the kanji it displays wrong characters. Gianluca Gorni
thorstenlemke

Re: Unicode file info?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 14.04.2003 9:41 Uhr schrieb "itabashinoyatsu" unter <gorni@dimi.uniud.it>: > > Hello! > > I tried to enter some Japanese words into the file info window of pictures, > but > they show up as ascii gibberish. Is there a trick to get correct Japanese > text? If > not, may I suggest unicode input support for some future update? > > By the way, PhotoshopElements 2 seems to accept Japanese input under > MacOS X while typing, but after confirming the kanji it displays wrong > characters. > > Gianluca Gorni > Hello, For IPTC? Thorsten
itabashinoyatsu

I am very ignorant about these matters. It's the first time I hear about ICTP. What I would like is to be able to write Japanese or mixed English-Japanese into the captions, as in the page http://www.j2s.net/EN/Products/captionFileInfo.html I wonder if it is possible at all. What do Japanese people do? Best regards, Gianluca Gorni --- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, lemkesoft@t... wrote: > Am 14.04.2003 9:41 Uhr schrieb "itabashinoyatsu" unter > <gorni@d...>: > > > > > Hello! > > > > I tried to enter some Japanese words into the file info window of pictures, > > but > > they show up as ascii gibberish. Is there a trick to get correct Japanese > > text? If > > not, may I suggest unicode input support for some future update? > > > > By the way, PhotoshopElements 2 seems to accept Japanese input under > > MacOS X while typing, but after confirming the kanji it displays wrong > > characters. > > > > Gianluca Gorni > > > Hello, > > For IPTC? > > Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 15.04.2003 14:20 Uhr schrieb "itabashinoyatsu" unter <gorni@dimi.uniud.it>: > > I am very ignorant about these matters. It's the first time I hear about ICTP. > What I would like is to be able to write Japanese or mixed English-Japanese > into the captions, as in the page > > http://www.j2s.net/EN/Products/captionFileInfo.html > > I wonder if it is possible at all. What do Japanese people do? > > Best regards, > > Gianluca Gorni > IPTC doesn´t store the encoding (following to my researches). That is the problem. It supports currently only standard ASCII - or have anyone other details? Thorsten
itabashinoyatsu

Hello! I found this pdf document http://www.fotoware-psj.com/psj/support ... /iimv4.pdf that perhaps is relevant for the unicode file info problem. Best regards, Gianluca Gorni --- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, lemkesoft@t... wrote: > Am 15.04.2003 14:20 Uhr schrieb "itabashinoyatsu" unter > <gorni@d...>: > > > > > I am very ignorant about these matters. It's the first time I hear abou= t ICTP. > > What I would like is to be able to write Japanese or mixed English- Japanese > > into the captions, as in the page > > > > http://www.j2s.net/EN/Products/captionFileInfo.html > > > > I wonder if it is possible at all. What do Japanese people do? > > > > Best regards, > > > > Gianluca Gorni > > > IPTC doesn´t store the encoding (following to my researches). That is the= > problem. It supports currently only standard ASCII - or have anyone other= > details? > > Thorsten