[Ann] GraphicConverter 4.7b4 released

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[Ann] GraphicConverter 4.7b4 released

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released new beta versions today. The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html I will release the 4.7 in about one week. So, please report any bugs ASAP. Regards Thorsten Lemke Changes 4.7b4 * import of Duotone PSD added * shortcut support for "command+d" and "command+shift+h" added to convert * slideshow with find supports now non Mac volumes * red eye pro filter added * translation bugs fixed * html catalog creation supports now additional lines in the body * print catalog with zero margins between images added * ico support for 128x128 added * levels dialog offers now the last used values * other changes and bug fixes Changes 4.7b3 * bug in possible duplicating recent items entries fixed * merge some files option added to convert * convert line endings added to convert * insert text batch extended * bug with drawing arrows fixed * bug in PDF export fixed (possible color change to grayscale) * file date can be kept now in convert if conversion is selected to the same folder as the original * bug in window arranging with open browser fixed * internal changes Changes 4.7b2 * support for Kodak DCS added * support for Canon CRW with lossless JPEG compression added * insert text batch function added * use original file date works now in convert if source and destination folder are the same * warning before conversion to the same folder added * convert supports now new UNIX aliases, too * text tool support now relative and absolzte sizes * remove text in rename works now alone, too * raw olympus e-10 import improved * convert dialog improved * option to disable preview display by QuickTime added * display bug and possible crash for files larger than 2GB in the browser fixed * button will now displayed selected during animated gif display * bug in saving modified pdfs fixed * ccitt import improved (better error handling) * bug in arrange windows with opened browser fixed Changes 4.7b1 * possible crash on opening iCab cache files fixed * Fuji Finepix S" Raw import improved * e-mail file with resize will now add the .jpg extension * support for import of raw stacks added * function to learn and remove bad pixels added * remove metadata function improved Changes 4.7b0 * convert dialog modified * remove EXIF from JPEGs added to convert * possible color table issue with multipage scanning fixed * WYSIWYG font menus added (optional) * red eye removal options added (to set the darken level) * save as applescript command added * tool tip can now be disabled * first html catalog file will now have no index * bug in slideshow with epsf files fixed * error handling in slideshow improved * slideshow can now start at a file offset * preferences will now be saved after each change * duplicate image function added * merge files into one image function added * tool switch speed improved (MacOS X) * spelling bugs fixed
paul

Re: [Ann] GraphicConverter 4.7b4 released

Post by paul »

Re: [graphicconverterforum] [Ann] GraphicConverter 4.7b4 released hallo Thorsten please don’t forget the possibility to support the value of “PIXEL” at the SCALING MENU for “OUTPUT SIZE”. Now there are only “cm” and “ZOLL” available. Thanks for understanding.   regards paul Hello, I released new beta versions today. The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html I will release the 4.7 in about one week. So, please report any bugs ASAP. Regards   Thorsten Lemke Changes 4.7b4 * import of Duotone PSD added * shortcut support for "command+d" and "command+shift+h" added to convert * slideshow with find supports now non Mac volumes * red eye pro filter added * translation bugs fixed * html catalog creation supports now additional lines in the body * print catalog with zero margins between images added * ico support for 128x128 added * levels dialog offers now the last used values * other changes and bug fixes Changes 4.7b3 * bug in possible duplicating recent items entries fixed * merge some files option added to convert * convert line endings added to convert * insert text batch extended * bug with drawing arrows fixed * bug in PDF export fixed (possible color change to grayscale) * file date can be kept now in convert if conversion is selected to the same folder as the original * bug in window arranging with open browser fixed * internal changes Changes 4.7b2 * support for Kodak DCS added * support for Canon CRW with lossless JPEG compression added * insert text batch function added * use original file date works now in convert if source and destination folder are the same * warning before conversion to the same folder added * convert supports now new UNIX aliases, too * text tool support now relative and absolzte sizes * remove text in rename works now alone, too * raw olympus e-10 import improved * convert dialog improved * option to disable preview display by QuickTime added * display bug and possible crash for files larger than 2GB in the browser fixed * button will now displayed selected during animated gif display * bug in saving modified pdfs fixed * ccitt import improved (better error handling) * bug in arrange windows with opened browser fixed Changes 4.7b1 * possible crash on opening iCab cache files fixed * Fuji Finepix S" Raw import improved * e-mail file with resize will now add the .jpg extension * support for import of raw stacks added * function to learn and remove bad pixels added * remove metadata function improved Changes 4.7b0 * convert dialog modified * remove EXIF from JPEGs added to convert * possible color table issue with multipage scanning fixed * WYSIWYG font menus added (optional) * red eye removal options added (to set the darken level) * save as applescript command added * tool tip can now be disabled * first html catalog file will now have no index * bug in slideshow with epsf files fixed * error handling in slideshow improved * slideshow can now start at a file offset * preferences will now be saved after each change * duplicate image function added * merge files into one image function added * tool switch speed improved (MacOS X) * spelling bugs fixed Yahoo! Groups Sponsor  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.45 ... id=3170658> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
Neal Carpenter

Fixed Size Selection Rectangle

Post by Neal Carpenter »

There seems to be an odd behavior after one double clicks the rectangular selection tool and, in the new 'Selection' window, chooses a set Width and Height. I need to get repeated 100 by 120 pixel (fixed sized) selections of various pictures. After doing this I get an appropriately sized selection rectangle on the picture, which I can move around by 'grabbing' the rect. by one of its sides. However, if I move part of the selection rectangle beyond the border of the picture, the selection rectangle shrinks. When I use ctrl-shift-click to again get the fixed size rectangle, it instead gives me the 'smaller' rectangle produced by the 'shrinking' process mentioned above. While this may be a 'feature' rather than a bug, it would be nice to be able to simply go back to my desired _fixed size_ selection rectangle without having to re-type it each time that I brush against a border of the picture. Regards, Neal P. Carpenter
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 17.06.2003 4:32 Uhr schrieb "paul" unter <p.czerny@bluewin.ch>: > hallo Thorsten > > please don¹t forget the possibility to support the value of ³PIXEL² at the > SCALING MENU for ³OUTPUT SIZE². Now there are only ³cm² and ³ZOLL² available. > > Thanks for understanding. > > regards paul You can switch between pixel/percent in the both top items. Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Re: Fixed Size Selection Rectangle

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 16.06.2003 19:48 Uhr schrieb "Neal Carpenter" unter <ncarpenter@teachers.org>: > While this may be a 'feature' rather than a bug, it would be nice to be > able to simply go back to my desired _fixed size_ selection rectangle > without having to re-type it each time that I brush against a border of > the picture. Ctrl+shift click set the new selection to the last one. So, the behaviour is correct. Do you maybe want a way to enter a permanent value for this option? Thorsten
Neal Carpenter

Post by Neal Carpenter »

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 12:48 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: >> While this may be a 'feature' rather than a bug, it would be nice to >> be >> able to simply go back to my desired _fixed size_ selection rectangle >> without having to re-type it each time that I brush against a border >> of >> the picture. > Ctrl+shift click set the new selection to the last one. So, the > behaviour is > correct. Do you maybe want a way to enter a permanent value for this > option? > Yes, exactly. My students and I take selections from hundreds of photos and they all need to be the same size. As we use it on one photo after another, it needs to stay fixed - permanent until we explicitly decide to change it. Thanks, Neal Carpenter Search for the Eternal..... ncarpenter@teachers.org Find it... in the Search
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 17.06.2003 17:27 Uhr schrieb "Neal Carpenter" unter <ncarpenter@teachers.org>: > Yes, exactly. My students and I take selections from hundreds of photos > and they all need to be the same size. As we use it on one photo after > another, it needs to stay fixed - permanent until we explicitly decide > to change it. I mailed a beta with the requested feature directly to the user. Thorsten
paul

Post by paul »

Re: [graphicconverterforum] [Ann] GraphicConverter 4.7b4 released Hi Thorsten Lemke Perhaps I am absolutely wrong, I use GraphicConverter since years and was very satisfied with the program. Now I really have a problem which is primary problematic: If I want to use one of the tools of the tools menu, like pencil it works. But it works not with all the rectangle, circles, etc. I FEEL NOW REALLY STUPID, HAVE I MISSED ONE IMPORTANT NEW RULE OF THE PROGRAM, NORMALLY IN ELDER VERSIONS IT WAS WORKING PERFECT !!!  ???? My second problem is the changing to another color. I change colors in the tools menu perfectly, but exchanging color to an existing color is not working at all. Search and replace is really not working. If I search a color by the pipette nothing happens and this seems to me an elder problem of GC. Third I remembered you very friendly to the problem of using next to “cm” and “inch” in the menu of picture sizing. Sorry to see no reflection at all in the newest issues. Please give me a hand on that for me real big issues. Regards paul
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, did you try to delete the preferences? You can set the unit in the information dialog. What is not working with the tools exactly? Thorsten
paul

Post by paul »

Re: [graphicconverterforum] [Ann] GraphicConverter 4.7b4 released Hallo Thorsten did you try to delete the preferences? I DELETED ALL PREFERENCES OF GC IN OSX You can set the unit in the information dialog. CORRECT I DIT IT AND IT WORKS SO FAR – BUT STILL THE “MENU – SIZE” IS ONLY IN INCH AND CM, NOT IN POINTS ! What is not working with the tools exactly? I GOT NOW THE PROBLEM: IF I USE “GRID” FROM THE TOOL MENU, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DRAW A CIRCLE, FILLED CIRCLE, RECTANGLE ETC. HOPE THIS IS EXPLAINING THE PROBLEM, lot of regards paul Yahoo! Groups Sponsor  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.44 ... web&pos=HM> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .