Carbon v4.7 beta (4) rectangular selection tool question

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Gordon B. Alley

Carbon v4.7 beta (4) rectangular selection tool question

Post by Gordon B. Alley »

I was selecting a portion of a image so I could copy it to the Clipboard and use it to create a new image. When I selected the rectangular selection tool and tried to drag a rectangle around the subject, it was constrained to a square selection until I released the mouse button. Then I could drag the handles at the middles of the sides of the selection to change its proportions. I would expect that tool to constrain to a square if I hold down the shift key as I drag it, but not otherwise. I tried several combinations of keys during the drag to see if there was one that would let me drag an arbitrary rectangle, but didn't find a solution. -- Gordon Alley <*> <mailto:galley@texas.net> <http://galley.home.texas.net>
thorstenlemke

Re: Carbon v4.7 beta (4) rectangular selection tool question

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 18.06.2003 6:15 Uhr schrieb "Gordon B. Alley" unter <galley@texas.net>: > I would expect that tool to constrain to a square if I hold down the > shift key as I drag it, but not otherwise. I tried several > combinations of keys during the drag to see if there was one that > would let me drag an arbitrary rectangle, but didn't find a solution. Did you maybe select an aspect ratio. Thorsten
Gordon B. Alley

Re: Carbon v4.7 beta (4) rectangular selection tool qu On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:59:20 -0400, keith <sailorman@cfl.rr.com> wrote: On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 11:18 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > Hello, > > did you try to delete the preferences? > > Thorsten Hello all, I  had the same problem as Gordon had with the selection tool.  As suggested, I  trashed both preference files and it now seems to be acting the way it should.  This problem  has been around through several versions of GC. Thanks, keith Likewise. I moved just the com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.plist file to the desktop, started GC (had to enter my registration info again), and the selection tool problem disappeared. Thanks for all the help. -- Gordon Alley  <*> <mailto:galley@texas.net> <http://galley.home.texas.net>
Gordon B. Alley

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:14:59 -0500, "Gordon B. Alley" <galley@texas.net> wrote: > > >[This message is not in displayable format] For some reason, the last two messages I've posted to this group have ended up as "[This message is not in displayable format]", at least when I read it in Eudora on my Mac. If the rest of you are seeing it like that -- my apologies. I'm re-posting my previous message below, but this time I'll try to send it text-only instead of with styles. Hopefully it will come through better that way. At 10:14 AM -0500 06/19/03, Gordon B. Alley wrote: >On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:59:20 -0400, keith <sailorman@cfl.rr.com> wrote: >> >>On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 11:18 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: >> >>> Hello, >>> >>> did you try to delete the preferences? >>> >> > Thorsten >> >>Hello all, >>I had the same problem as Gordon had with the selection tool. As >>suggested, I trashed both preference files and it now seems to be >>acting the way it should. This problem has been around through >>several versions of GC. >> >>Thanks, >>keith > >Likewise. I moved just the com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.plist file >to the desktop, started GC (had to enter my registration info >again), and the selection tool problem disappeared. > >Thanks for all the help. -- Gordon Alley <*> <mailto:galley@texas.net> <http://galley.home.texas.net>