Re: [Carbon v4.7 beta (4) rectangular selection tool question

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Gordon B. Alley

Post by Gordon B. Alley »

Re: [Carbon v4.7 beta (4) rectangular selection tool q On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:43:04 +0200, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: Am 18.06.2003 6:15 Uhr schrieb "Gordon B. Alley" unter <galley@texas.net>: > I would expect that tool to constrain to a square if I hold down the > shift key as I drag it, but not otherwise. I tried several > combinations of keys during the drag to see if there was one that > would let me drag an arbitrary rectangle, but didn't find a solution. Did you maybe select an aspect ratio. Thorsten If I double-click the rectangular selection tool, I see the following in the bottom section of the dialog: Left, Top, Width, and Height boxes are empty Type Width and Height radio button selected Userdef. Aspect Ratio is 1:3 I changed the Userdef. Aspect Ratio boxes to [blank]:[blank] (becomes 0:0 when I display the dialog again), but that doesn't change the behavior when I click and drag the rectangular selection. It is still constrained to a square (height = width) until I release the mouse button, at which point I can change the proportions using the handles. During the drag, the mouse pointer changes to a double-ended arrow pointing to upper left and lower right, or to the upper right and lower left, depending on which direction I'm dragging. I also changed the "Drag using translucent selections" checkbox in the Edit preferences, but that didn't make any difference (didn't really expect it to, but it was the only preference I could find that seemed related to dragging selections). When I use the shape-drawing tools, the constraint does not occur unless I hold the shift key, which is the expected behavior. Any other settings I should check? Thanks. -- Gordon Alley  <*> <mailto:galley@texas.net> <http://galley.home.texas.net>
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, did you try to delete the preferences? Thorsten
keith

Post by keith »

Hello all, I had the same problem as Gordon had with the selection tool. As suggested, I trashed both preference files and it now seems to be acting the way it should. This problem has been around through several versions of GC. Thanks, keith On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 11:18 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > Hello, > > did you try to delete the preferences? > > Thorsten > > <image.tiff> > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all, and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird. Paul McCartney ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞