Re: Maintaining graphic transparency

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Kim VanderLaan

Re: Maintaining graphic transparency

Post by Kim VanderLaan »

Hi, I have tried making the image transparent and saving it as a .gif. But then, how do I drag it to a new window to combine it with another graphic? I cannot get my cursor to grab it. I can copy it with the clipboard, but as you say that means changing it in the clipboard to .pict and the transparency is lost. What am I doing wrong?? Thank you, Kim > Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:13:41 +0200 > From: lemkesoft@t-online.de > Subject: Re: Newbie with a question > > Am 13.07.2003 16:07 Uhr schrieb "Noel Baebler" unter > <nbaebler@mindspring.com>: > > > Howdy, > > > > I must be doing something wrong, too. > > > > I have a .gif image with a greyed out transparency background. > > When I SELECT ALL and DRAG and DROP to an AppleWorks draw > > document, the background of the .gif image is Solid. No > > transparency. > > > > What am I missing? > > > > Noel > > Hello, > > ah, I thought in my app. > The PICT format (which is used in the clipboard) doesn�t support > transparency. > > Thorsten ===== �The governed should never confuse patriotism with the self-serving political agendas of those who govern.� � Al Martin, 2003 __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! http://sbc.yahoo.com