[Ann] GraphicConverter 4.9b6 released

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[Ann] GraphicConverter 4.9b6 released

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released new beta versions today. The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html I will release the final on October 28. So, please report any bugs ASAP. Regards Thorsten Lemke Changes 4.9b6 * browser supports now direct file conversion with actions (like convert & = modify) * browser can now display the TIFF mode and compression (as an option) * menu item with recent browsers added * HTML catalog will now resize the html window for the full image * TIFF with JPEG compression import much improved * change file type/creator preference supports now an exclude list * browser displays now the number of files in the directory * context menu entries added for reveal in Finder and e-mail for opened ima= ges * pixmap information shows now size in cm and inches * bug in remove exif checkbox fixed in convert&modify Changes 4.9b5 * JPEG import is now optimized for G5 and G4 (on MacOS X) * possible crash on Panther with active movie window fixed * failed internet connection will now give a better error message (version = control) * batch scale supports now as unit inch and cm, too * pixmap information shows now size in inch and cm, too * bug in concat of TIFFs fixed * bug in print browser fixed Changes 4.9b4 * Photo raw import is now optimized for G5 Changes 4.9b3 * lossless rotatio of EXIF thumbnails will now always work (beceause we rew= rite now the complete exif marker) * display of NEF previews much improved (from 20 seconds to less than 1 sec= ond) * function to view next/previous image in folder added * secure save option for external disks added (this option will save a file= first locally and copy the complete file to the destination) * JPEG->TIFF with exif will now save the text strings for software, scanner= etc. too. * many display issues for Panther fixed Changes 4.9b2 * EXIF data can now be exported to TIFF files * new EXIF preview can no be generated for JPEGs * export of metadata to TIFF files can now be disabled in the TIFF save as = options * rotate with line and live rotation functions are now be splitted to separ= ate menu items * bug in Windows ico export fixed (GC support now Windows ico export up to = 255x255 pixel) * context menu item to set the creation date to the modification date added= to the browser * crash in classic version upon opening KDC files fixed * cicn import imports now the mask, too * bug in display with scale only by factor 2 in slideshow fixed * draw text line applescript command added * slideshow in window remembers now the last position Changes 4.9b1 * concat in convert&modify supports now different variants * drag and drop bug in the browser fixed (folders) * aliases will now be completly resolved * draw text applescript command added * slideshow can now be displayed in a window * red eye replace color is now changeable * stop slideshow applescript command added * applescript command to call a photoshop scan plug-in added * html bug in catalog creation fixed * mail command in the browser supports now PowerMail, too * export to iDVD added to the browser context menu * cropping digital photos can now copy unknown files * window menu contains now the entries to show/hide the tool windows * selection delay in the browser on MacOS X fixed * html catalog creation works now correctly with long names Changes 4.9b0 * IPTC browser window (mouse over feature) added to the browser (activate i= t with the context menu) * more sorting options added to the slideshow * browser will receive a refresh after a slideshow * possible empty name field during rename in the slideshow fixed * possible bug in preview generation with JPEG compression fixed * change file date depending on EXIF supports now subfolders * crop in the browser supports now subfolders * CMYK->RGB conversion gives now better results if no ICC profile is includ= ed in the file * TIFF import supports now the import of incorrectly encoded JPEGs * ICO import supports now normally illegal width and height values * 16 bit grayscale tiff import improved * slideshow don´t use a color profile now if the colorsync usage is disable= d * slideshow will now display IPTC caption if available * file list displays now the color mode behind the color depth
geoff2v

Re: [Ann] GraphicConverter 4.9b6 released

Post by geoff2v »

The status text on the bottom of the "convert & modify" window is still chopped off (about a third is missing). Also, does JPEG2000 not support EXIF data? It doesn't seem to, according to GC (all Jpeg's I save in JPEG2000 lose their EXIF data). That's a pain... - geoff --- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, "thorstenlemke" <lemkesoft@a...> wrote: > Hello, > > I released new beta versions today.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 22.10.2003 13:36 Uhr schrieb "geoff2v" unter <geoff-public@stuebegreen.com>: > Also, does JPEG2000 not support EXIF data? It doesn't seem to, according to > GC (all > Jpeg's I save in JPEG2000 lose their EXIF data). That's a pain... JPEG2000 supports no metadata, yet. Only ICC color profiles. Thorsten ----------------------------------------------------------------- Thorsten Lemke Lemke Software GmbH Erich-Heckel-Ring 8a 31228 Peine Germany Phone: +49 5171 72200 and 0700 LEMKESOFT (second only in Germany) Fax: +49 5171 72201 WWW: http://www.lemkesoft.com E-Mail:support@graphicconverter.net -----------------------------------------------------------------
keith

Post by keith »

Thorsten, The "browser supports now direct file conversion with actions" is a super new addition to GC. However, I can't seem to get it to work. This is what I do. I select the previews of the jpgs that I want to edit, define my batch action, I choose convert to same folder, then GO. I then get the window saying the file already exists and it gives me the usual choices . I choose overwrite and then it seems to do something but there seems to be no change in the file. When i go back to check my batch table the batch action is gone so i have to redefine it. Is it me or a bug? keith On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 05:01 AM, thorstenlemke wrote: > Hello, > > I released new beta versions today. > > The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html > > I will release the final on October 28. So, please report any bugs > ASAP. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke > > Changes 4.9b6 > * browser supports now direct file conversion with actions (like > convert & = > modify) > * browser can now display the TIFF mode and compression (as an option) > * menu item with recent browsers added > * HTML catalog will now resize the html window for the full image > * TIFF with JPEG compression import much improved > * change file type/creator preference supports now an exclude list > * browser displays now the number of files in the directory > * context menu entries added for reveal in Finder and e-mail for > opened ima= > ges > * pixmap information shows now size in cm and inches > * bug in remove exif checkbox fixed in convert&modify > > Changes 4.9b5 > * JPEG import is now optimized for G5 and G4 (on MacOS X) > * possible crash on Panther with active movie window fixed > * failed internet connection will now give a better error message > (version = > control) > * batch scale supports now as unit inch and cm, too > * pixmap information shows now size in inch and cm, too > * bug in concat of TIFFs fixed > * bug in print browser fixed > > Changes 4.9b4 > * Photo raw import is now optimized for G5 > > Changes 4.9b3 > * lossless rotatio of EXIF thumbnails will now always work (beceause > we rew= > rite now > the complete exif marker) > * display of NEF previews much improved (from 20 seconds to less than > 1 sec= > ond) > * function to view next/previous image in folder added > * secure save option for external disks added (this option will save a > file= > first locally > and copy the complete file to the destination) > * JPEG->TIFF with exif will now save the text strings for software, > scanner= > etc. too. > * many display issues for Panther fixed > > Changes 4.9b2 > * EXIF data can now be exported to TIFF files > * new EXIF preview can no be generated for JPEGs > * export of metadata to TIFF files can now be disabled in the TIFF > save as = > options > * rotate with line and live rotation functions are now be splitted to > separ= > ate menu > items > * bug in Windows ico export fixed (GC support now Windows ico export > up to = > > 255x255 pixel) > * context menu item to set the creation date to the modification date > added= > to the > browser > * crash in classic version upon opening KDC files fixed > * cicn import imports now the mask, too > * bug in display with scale only by factor 2 in slideshow fixed > * draw text line applescript command added > * slideshow in window remembers now the last position > > Changes 4.9b1 > * concat in convert&modify supports now different variants > * drag and drop bug in the browser fixed (folders) > * aliases will now be completly resolved > * draw text applescript command added > * slideshow can now be displayed in a window > * red eye replace color is now changeable > * stop slideshow applescript command added > * applescript command to call a photoshop scan plug-in added > * html bug in catalog creation fixed > * mail command in the browser supports now PowerMail, too > * export to iDVD added to the browser context menu > * cropping digital photos can now copy unknown files > * window menu contains now the entries to show/hide the tool windows > * selection delay in the browser on MacOS X fixed > * html catalog creation works now correctly with long names > > Changes 4.9b0 > * IPTC browser window (mouse over feature) added to the browser > (activate i= > t with the > context menu) > * more sorting options added to the slideshow > * browser will receive a refresh after a slideshow > * possible empty name field during rename in the slideshow fixed > * possible bug in preview generation with JPEG compression fixed > * change file date depending on EXIF supports now subfolders > * crop in the browser supports now subfolders > * CMYK->RGB conversion gives now better results if no ICC profile is > includ= > ed in the > file > * TIFF import supports now the import of incorrectly encoded JPEGs > * ICO import supports now normally illegal width and height values > * 16 bit grayscale tiff import improved > * slideshow don´t use a color profile now if the colorsync usage is > disable= > d > * slideshow will now display IPTC caption if available > * file list displays now the color mode behind the color depth > > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > ---------------------~--> > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & > Canada. > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511 > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA ... /EGnolB/TM > --------------------------------------------------------------------- > ~-> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
keith

Post by keith »

Greetings, Would someone confirm this..Menu Item: Open Recent-> Clear Menu does not seem to work.. in fact, when i first tried to use it instead of clearing the menu, it would open the last file viewed. Once I quit GC and then restarted, that stopped and then would do nothing when chosen. keith On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 05:01 AM, thorstenlemke wrote: > Hello, > > I released new beta versions today. > > The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html > > I will release the final on October 28. So, please report any bugs > ASAP. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke > > Changes 4.9b6 > * browser supports now direct file conversion with actions (like > convert & = > modify) > * browser can now display the TIFF mode and compression (as an option) > * menu item with recent browsers added > * HTML catalog will now resize the html window for the full image > * TIFF with JPEG compression import much improved > * change file type/creator preference supports now an exclude list > * browser displays now the number of files in the directory > * context menu entries added for reveal in Finder and e-mail for > opened ima= > ges > * pixmap information shows now size in cm and inches > * bug in remove exif checkbox fixed in convert&modify > > Changes 4.9b5 > * JPEG import is now optimized for G5 and G4 (on MacOS X) > * possible crash on Panther with active movie window fixed > * failed internet connection will now give a better error message > (version = > control) > * batch scale supports now as unit inch and cm, too > * pixmap information shows now size in inch and cm, too > * bug in concat of TIFFs fixed > * bug in print browser fixed > > Changes 4.9b4 > * Photo raw import is now optimized for G5 > > Changes 4.9b3 > * lossless rotatio of EXIF thumbnails will now always work (beceause > we rew= > rite now > the complete exif marker) > * display of NEF previews much improved (from 20 seconds to less than > 1 sec= > ond) > * function to view next/previous image in folder added > * secure save option for external disks added (this option will save a > file= > first locally > and copy the complete file to the destination) > * JPEG->TIFF with exif will now save the text strings for software, > scanner= > etc. too. > * many display issues for Panther fixed > > Changes 4.9b2 > * EXIF data can now be exported to TIFF files > * new EXIF preview can no be generated for JPEGs > * export of metadata to TIFF files can now be disabled in the TIFF > save as = > options > * rotate with line and live rotation functions are now be splitted to > separ= > ate menu > items > * bug in Windows ico export fixed (GC support now Windows ico export > up to = > > 255x255 pixel) > * context menu item to set the creation date to the modification date > added= > to the > browser > * crash in classic version upon opening KDC files fixed > * cicn import imports now the mask, too > * bug in display with scale only by factor 2 in slideshow fixed > * draw text line applescript command added > * slideshow in window remembers now the last position > > Changes 4.9b1 > * concat in convert&modify supports now different variants > * drag and drop bug in the browser fixed (folders) > * aliases will now be completly resolved > * draw text applescript command added > * slideshow can now be displayed in a window > * red eye replace color is now changeable > * stop slideshow applescript command added > * applescript command to call a photoshop scan plug-in added > * html bug in catalog creation fixed > * mail command in the browser supports now PowerMail, too > * export to iDVD added to the browser context menu > * cropping digital photos can now copy unknown files > * window menu contains now the entries to show/hide the tool windows > * selection delay in the browser on MacOS X fixed > * html catalog creation works now correctly with long names > > Changes 4.9b0 > * IPTC browser window (mouse over feature) added to the browser > (activate i= > t with the > context menu) > * more sorting options added to the slideshow > * browser will receive a refresh after a slideshow > * possible empty name field during rename in the slideshow fixed > * possible bug in preview generation with JPEG compression fixed > * change file date depending on EXIF supports now subfolders > * crop in the browser supports now subfolders > * CMYK->RGB conversion gives now better results if no ICC profile is > includ= > ed in the > file > * TIFF import supports now the import of incorrectly encoded JPEGs > * ICO import supports now normally illegal width and height values > * 16 bit grayscale tiff import improved > * slideshow don´t use a color profile now if the colorsync usage is > disable= > d > * slideshow will now display IPTC caption if available > * file list displays now the color mode behind the color depth > > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > ---------------------~--> > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & > Canada. > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511 > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA ... /EGnolB/TM > --------------------------------------------------------------------- > ~-> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
geoff2v

Post by geoff2v »

--- In graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com, lemkesoft@t... wrote: > Am 22.10.2003 13:36 Uhr schrieb "geoff2v" unter > <geoff-public@s...>: > > > Also, does JPEG2000 not support EXIF data? It doesn't seem to, according to > > GC (all > > Jpeg's I save in JPEG2000 lose their EXIF data). That's a pain... > JPEG2000 supports no metadata, yet. > Only ICC color profiles. Hmmm. Thanks Thorsten. Is it that the format itself doesn't support EXIF data, or does GC not support metadata in JPEG2000? I'm no expert, but some of the things I've read about JPEG2000 tout its extensive metadata support. - geoff
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 22.10.2003 15:12 Uhr schrieb "keith" unter <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > Thorsten, > > The "browser supports now direct file conversion with actions" is a > super new addition to GC. > > However, I can't seem to get it to work. This is what I do. > I select the previews of the jpgs that I want to edit, > define my batch action, > I choose convert to same folder, > then GO. > I then get the window saying the file already exists and it gives me > the usual choices . I choose overwrite and then it seems to do > something but there seems to be no change in the file. When i go back > to check my batch table the batch action is gone so i have to redefine > it. > > Is it me or a bug? > > keith Hello, what happens if you convert to a sub folder? Is the batch selected? Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 22.10.2003 20:14 Uhr schrieb "keith" unter <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > Greetings, > > Would someone confirm this..Menu Item: Open Recent-> Clear Menu does > not seem to work.. in fact, when i first tried to use it instead of > clearing the menu, it would open the last file viewed. Once I quit > GC and then restarted, that stopped and then would do nothing when > chosen. > > keith > works here. Did you try to delete the prefs? Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 22.10.2003 22:00 Uhr schrieb "geoff2v" unter <geoff-public@stuebegreen.com>: > Hmmm. Thanks Thorsten. Is it that the format itself doesn't support EXIF > data, or > does GC not support metadata in JPEG2000? I'm no expert, but some of the > things > I've read about JPEG2000 tout its extensive metadata support. The current JPEG2000 implementation doesn´t support it. Thorsten
Rowland Carson

Graphic Converter quits unexpectedly

Post by Rowland Carson »

I find that GC has acquired the habit of crashing with the "unexpectedly quit" message. This happens consistently when particular commands are issued. Environment: 15" Ti PowerBook 1GHz, 1GB RAM, OS X 10.2.6 GC version 4.8.2 (same behaviour observed in 4.8) Symptoms: Double-click on Text tool; outline of text settings dialogue box appears briefly, then "unexpectedly quit" notice appears. In "Convert & Modify...", choose files, choose "catalogue" option; press "go"; outline of catalog dialogue box appears briefly, then "unexpectedly quit" notice appears. All other aspects of GC appear to be working OK - at least, the ones I regualrly use! I think I've used the things now giving trouble since installing 4.8, but can't be absolutely certain. I know I've used them since buying the PB in Feb 03, and as I bought the upgrade from the bundled version to 4.5 in April 03 I'm sure I used them sucessfully with 4.5 or above. Attempts to solve: When first observed in GC 4.8, upgraded to 4.8.2. No change in behaviour. Deleted the file com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.plist in Macintosh HD:Users:rowland:Library:Preferences - no change in behaviour. Are there any other preference-type files I should try deleting? I can give more info about my system etc if required. regards Rowland -- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/> : <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...