Difference between different date types?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
iamabbqueen

Difference between different date types?

Post by iamabbqueen »

I have had this question for a while I cannot find the answer. What is the difference between the different dates that are saved by the camera? I am always very diligent about setting my camera to the correct local (usually local) date and time. When I view the exif data for the pictures, sometimes the file creation date is off from the "EXIF: Date and time of original data generation" by one hour. Sometimes the "EXIF: File date and time" has been recorded and sometimes it has not. Sometimes the subseconds of the "EXIF: Date and time of original data generation" and the "EXIF: File date and time" are recorded, sometimes they are not. Can someone tell me what all the different dates are that a camera may record and what they all mean (and maybe why they are there)? Thanks.
Hagen Henke

Re: Difference between different date types?

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello, which camera are you using? Do you check the data in the camera or in the computer? Which program do you use for import? Hagen Am 28.06.2011 um 03:31 schrieb iamabbqueen: > I have had this question for a while I cannot find the answer. What > is the difference between the different dates that are saved by the > camera? I am always very diligent about setting my camera to the > correct local (usually local) date and time. When I view the exif > data for the pictures, sometimes the file creation date is off from > the "EXIF: Date and time of original data generation" by one hour. > Sometimes the "EXIF: File date and time" has been recorded and > sometimes it has not. Sometimes the subseconds of the "EXIF: Date > and time of original data generation" and the "EXIF: File date and > time" are recorded, sometimes they are not. Can someone tell me what > all the different dates are that a camera may record and what they > all mean (and maybe why they are there)? > > Thanks. > > >
iamabbqueen

Re: Difference between different date types?

Post by iamabbqueen »

Hello, The problems will occur with any camera. I have a Droid incredible cell phone (which I transfer to my computer as an e-mail attachment), Nikon D50, Cannon Powershot SD940, and Pentax Optio S4. For the cameras, I use GC to import the photos to my computer. Different date issues occur at different times with the same camera. I check the data on the computer. I have not looked at the data on the cameras. How does the EXIF file date and time differ from the original data generation date and the creation date? Thanks. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Hagen Henke <hagen.henke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > which camera are you using? Do you check the data in the camera or in > the computer? Which program do you use for import? > > Hagen > > > Am 28.06.2011 um 03:31 schrieb iamabbqueen: > > > I have had this question for a while I cannot find the answer. What > > is the difference between the different dates that are saved by the > > camera? I am always very diligent about setting my camera to the > > correct local (usually local) date and time. When I view the exif > > data for the pictures, sometimes the file creation date is off from > > the "EXIF: Date and time of original data generation" by one hour. > > Sometimes the "EXIF: File date and time" has been recorded and > > sometimes it has not. Sometimes the subseconds of the "EXIF: Date > > and time of original data generation" and the "EXIF: File date and > > time" are recorded, sometimes they are not. Can someone tell me what > > all the different dates are that a camera may record and what they > > all mean (and maybe why they are there)? > > > > Thanks. > > > > > > >