GC 8.6.1 - Applescript cannot deal with Alpha Channel, Broke???

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 8.6.1 - Applescript cannot deal with Alpha Channel, Broke???

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert,it seems that AppleScript may now have issues if function and property use the same term.So, I changed with the new BETA the window property to just "alpha". Get and set does now work.http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten On 05.05.2013, at 20:16, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:   On May 5, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > > Hi, > > I changed there nothing. > > The alpha channel command does expect an boolean (as written in the dictionary). > true adds an alpha channel > false does remove it. > > Thorsten tell application "GraphicConverter" activate tell window 1 -- Main window -- try set (alpha channel) to true end try -->Can't set <<event GKONalph>> of false to application "GraphicConveter", end tell end tell
Robert Poland

Re: GC 8.6.1 - Applescript cannot deal with Alpha Channel, Broke???

Post by Robert Poland »

Thanks Thorsten, This works now; -- remove alpha channel if exists tell application "GraphicConverter" set alpha of window 1 to false end tell As does this; tell application "GraphicConverter" tell window 1 set x to alpha set alpha to true set y to alpha end tell end tell display dialog "" & x & return & y On May 7, 2013, at 2:48 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: > > > Hi Robert, > > it seems that AppleScript may now have issues if function and property use the same term. > So, I changed with the new BETA the window property to just "alpha". Get and set does now work. > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Thorsten > > On 05.05.2013, at 20:16, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote: > >> >> On May 5, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: >> >> > >> > >> > Hi, >> > >> > I changed there nothing. >> > >> > The alpha channel command does expect an boolean (as written in the dictionary). >> > true adds an alpha channel >> > false does remove it. >> > >> > Thorsten >> >> tell application "GraphicConverter" >> activate >> tell window 1 -- Main window >> -- try >> set (alpha channel) to true >> end try >> -->Can't set <<event GKONalph>> of false to application "GraphicConveter", >> >> end tell >> end tell >> > > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO