[Ann] GraphicConverter 4.9b6 released

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
keith

Re: [Ann] GraphicConverter 4.9b6 released

Post by keith »

> Is the batch selected? If you mean have I defined a batch action, yes. But no matter which of the three Converts I choose, the No Batch Action still shows and I still get no changes in the files . When i choose to convert to a sub folder, it does create a folder called Converted Files and it does put the selected files into the folder but with no change in the files. I have tried insert text, a change in the brightness\contrast, and a crop batch actions. I have trashed the preferences The other possible bug..the Open Recent->Clear Menu still does not work. The Browse Recent-> Clear Menu DOES work. keith On Thursday, October 23, 2003, at 12:13 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > Am 22.10.2003 15:12 Uhr schrieb "keith" unter <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > >> Thorsten, >> >> The "browser supports now direct file conversion with actions" is a >> super new addition to GC. >> >> However, I can't seem to get it to work. This is what I do. >> I select the previews of the jpgs that I want to edit, >> define my batch action, >> I choose convert to same folder, >> then GO. >> I then get the window saying the file already exists and it gives me >> the usual choices . I choose overwrite and then it seems to do >> something but there seems to be no change in the file. When i go back >> to check my batch table the batch action is gone so i have to redefine >> it. >> >> Is it me or a bug? >> >> keith > Hello, > > what happens if you convert to a sub folder? Is the batch selected? > > Thorsten > ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
thorstenlemke

Re: Graphic Converter quits unexpectedly

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 23.10.2003 13:33 Uhr schrieb "Rowland Carson" unter <rowil@clara.net>: > I find that GC has acquired the habit of crashing with the > "unexpectedly quit" message. This happens consistently when > particular commands are issued. > > Environment: > 15" Ti PowerBook 1GHz, 1GB RAM, OS X 10.2.6 > GC version 4.8.2 (same behaviour observed in 4.8) > > > Symptoms: > Double-click on Text tool; outline of text settings dialogue box > appears briefly, then "unexpectedly quit" notice appears. > > In "Convert & Modify...", choose files, choose "catalogue" option; > press "go"; outline of catalog dialogue box appears briefly, then > "unexpectedly quit" notice appears. > > All other aspects of GC appear to be working OK - at least, the ones > I regualrly use! I think I've used the things now giving trouble > since installing 4.8, but can't be absolutely certain. I know I've > used them since buying the PB in Feb 03, and as I bought the upgrade > from the bundled version to 4.5 in April 03 I'm sure I used them > sucessfully with 4.5 or above. > > > Attempts to solve: > When first observed in GC 4.8, upgraded to 4.8.2. No change in behaviour. > > Deleted the file com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.plist in Macintosh > HD:Users:rowland:Library:Preferences - no change in behaviour. > > > Are there any other preference-type files I should try deleting? > > I can give more info about my system etc if required. > > regards > > Rowland Hello, what happens with the latest beta? http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html Regards Thorsten Lemke ----------------------------------------------------------------- Thorsten Lemke Lemke Software GmbH Erich-Heckel-Ring 8a 31228 Peine Germany Phone: +49 5171 72200 and 0700 LEMKESOFT (second only in Germany) Fax: +49 5171 72201 WWW: http://www.lemkesoft.com E-Mail:support@graphicconverter.net -----------------------------------------------------------------
thorstenlemke

Re: [Ann] GraphicConverter 4.9b6 released

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 24.10.2003 4:53 Uhr schrieb "keith" unter <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > If you mean have I defined a batch action, yes. But no matter which of > the three Converts I choose, the No Batch Action still shows and I > still get no changes in the files . When i choose to convert to a > sub folder, it does create a folder called Converted Files and it does > put the selected files into the folder but with no change in the files. > I have tried insert text, a change in the brightness\contrast, and a > crop batch actions. > I mailed a new beta directly to the user. Thorsten
Rowland Carson

Post by Rowland Carson »

On 2003 10 24 at 16:09 +0200, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: >Am 23.10.2003 13:33 Uhr schrieb "Rowland Carson" unter <rowil@clara.net>: > >> I find that GC has acquired the habit of crashing with the >> "unexpectedly quit" message. This happens consistently when >> particular commands are issued. >> >> Environment: >> 15" Ti PowerBook 1GHz, 1GB RAM, OS X 10.2.6 >> GC version 4.8.2 (same behaviour observed in 4.8) >> >> >> Symptoms: >> Double-click on Text tool; outline of text settings dialogue box >> appears briefly, then "unexpectedly quit" notice appears. >> >> In "Convert & Modify...", choose files, choose "catalogue" option; >> press "go"; outline of catalog dialogue box appears briefly, then >> "unexpectedly quit" notice appears. >> >> All other aspects of GC appear to be working OK - at least, the ones >> I regualrly use! I think I've used the things now giving trouble >> since installing 4.8, but can't be absolutely certain. I know I've >> used them since buying the PB in Feb 03, and as I bought the upgrade >> from the bundled version to 4.5 in April 03 I'm sure I used them >> sucessfully with 4.5 or above. >> >> >> Attempts to solve: >> When first observed in GC 4.8, upgraded to 4.8.2. No change in behaviour. >> >> Deleted the file com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter.plist in Macintosh >> HD:Users:rowland:Library:Preferences - no change in behaviour. >> >> >> Are there any other preference-type files I should try deleting? >> >> I can give more info about my system etc if required. >> >> regards >> >> Rowland >Hello, > >what happens with the latest beta? >http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html Thorsten - same behaviour with that beta. When I double-click on the text tool, the "text" window appears for a few seconds (with transparent title bar, and highlighted "OK" button but nothing else visible) and the cursor is the spinning beachball, then it quits. If ask it to do a catalog, the behaviour is similar except the window appears for a shorter time before crashing. regards Rowland -- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/> : <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
Potter at Island Resources

Occasionally GC Saves a Totally Black Picture

Post by Potter at Island Resources »

Have not figured exactly under what conditions this occurs, but using GC 4.8, on a Mac iBook 600mghtz with 256 mg of memory, running OS 9.2.2, lots of memory set aside for GC 4.8 --- every once in a while after editing JPEG photos, the image will save as a totally black picture. --- weirdly, the preview thumbnail looks OK. Have not had time to figure if I can resuscitate the black boxes, but it sure is unnerving. Also, I think 4.8 is more unstable than recent previous GC's, even though I have pruned my extensions pretty thoroughly in recent weeks. (Doing a clean install after a total system failure tends to have that effect.) I'm not a digital image professional, but have taken and catalogued close to 10,000 photos in the past three years with GC, so these are not novice errors. (Stupid errors, maybe, but not a stupid novice.) bruce potter -- Island Resources, 1718 "P" St NW # T-4, Washington, DC 20036 Fone 202/265-9712 fax 202/232-0748; E-mail: <bpotter@irf.org> -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- EPA Environmental Quality Award Winner for 2003! Moderators of 25 e-mail discussion lists for Caribbean Environmentalists -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 25.10.2003 10:42 Uhr schrieb "Rowland Carson" unter <rowil@clara.net>: > Thorsten - same behaviour with that beta. When I double-click on the > text tool, the "text" window appears for a few seconds (with > transparent title bar, and highlighted "OK" button but nothing else > visible) and the cursor is the spinning beachball, then it quits. If > ask it to do a catalog, the behaviour is similar except the window > appears for a shorter time before crashing. Please go to the prefs part general/misc and uncheck WYSIWYG font menus. Does it work now? If yes -> there is a corrupt font in the system. Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Re: Occasionally GC Saves a Totally Black Picture

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 25.10.2003 21:59 Uhr schrieb "Potter at Island Resources" unter <bpotter@irf.org>: > Have not figured exactly under what conditions this occurs, but using > GC 4.8, on a Mac iBook 600mghtz with 256 mg of memory, running OS > 9.2.2, lots of memory set aside for GC 4.8 --- Please use the latest beta: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html What happens now? Thorsten
Potter at Island Resources

Post by Potter at Island Resources »

Thorsten -- Left out another, similar sort of error that occasionally happens --- sometimes onle one-third of the THUMBNAIL gets saved? not reduced size, but a cropped image --- usually a one-third vertical panel of the whole thumbnail. Will try the 4.9.6 beta, but it will be a while before I can report back --- I'm traveling again bruce At 8:08 AM +0100 10/26/03, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: >Am 25.10.2003 21:59 Uhr schrieb "Potter at Island Resources" unter ><bpotter@irf.org>: > >> Have not figured exactly under what conditions this occurs, but using >> GC 4.8, on a Mac iBook 600mghtz with 256 mg of memory, running OS >> 9.2.2, lots of memory set aside for GC 4.8 --- >Please use the latest beta: >http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html > >What happens now? > >Thorsten > > > >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ -- Island Resources, 1718 "P" St NW # T-4, Washington, DC 20036 Fone 202/265-9712 fax 202/232-0748; E-mail: <bpotter@irf.org> -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- EPA Environmental Quality Award Winner for 2003! Moderators of 25 e-mail discussion lists for Caribbean Environmentalists -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
keith

Post by keith »

I had the same problempartial picture, not black picture, with the osx version preview until a very recent fix by Thosten. I encourage you to get the very latest version, even the very latest beta version. On a side note, I just updated to panther..I would never go back to Jaguar let alone back to os 9.2.2 and highly encourage you to give it a try. keith On Oct 26, 2003, at 9:34 AM, Potter at Island Resources wrote: > Thorsten -- > > Left out another, similar sort of error that occasionally happens --- > sometimes onle one-third of the THUMBNAIL gets saved? not reduced > size, but a cropped image --- usually a one-third vertical panel of > the whole thumbnail. > > Will try the 4.9.6 beta, but it will be a while before I can report > back --- I'm traveling again > > bruce > > At 8:08 AM +0100 10/26/03, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: >> Am 25.10.2003 21:59 Uhr schrieb "Potter at Island Resources" unter >> <bpotter@irf.org>: >> >>> Have not figured exactly under what conditions this occurs, but >>> using >>> GC 4.8, on a Mac iBook 600mghtz with 256 mg of memory, running OS >>> 9.2.2, lots of memory set aside for GC 4.8 --- >> Please use the latest beta: >> http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html >> >> What happens now? >> >> Thorsten >> >> >> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >> graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com >> >> >> >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to >> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > -- > Island Resources, 1718 "P" St NW # T-4, Washington, DC 20036 > Fone 202/265-9712 fax 202/232-0748; E-mail: <bpotter@irf.org> > -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- > EPA Environmental Quality Award Winner for 2003! > Moderators of 25 e-mail discussion lists for Caribbean > Environmentalists > -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > ---------------------~--> > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & > Canada. > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511 > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA ... /EGnolB/TM > --------------------------------------------------------------------- > ~-> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
Rowland Carson

Post by Rowland Carson »

On 2003 10 26 at 08:06 +0100, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: >Am 25.10.2003 10:42 Uhr schrieb "Rowland Carson" unter <rowil@clara.net>: > >> Thorsten - same behaviour with that beta. When I double-click on the >> text tool, the "text" window appears for a few seconds (with >> transparent title bar, and highlighted "OK" button but nothing else >> visible) and the cursor is the spinning beachball, then it quits. If >> ask it to do a catalog, the behaviour is similar except the window >> appears for a shorter time before crashing. >Please go to the prefs part general/misc and uncheck WYSIWYG font menus. >Does it work now? >If yes -> there is a corrupt font in the system. Thorsten - you got it in one! That's fixed the problem in both instances, I can get productive again! Now everybody knows what my next question is going to be ... how do I trace which of those hundreds of fonts are at fault? regards Rowland -- : Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/> : <rowil@clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...